Monday, August 12, 2019

Getting stabby with meds

Day two of IVFing. Period cramps all the live-long night. Up at 6:15, off to Mama’s first morning monitoring (tongue twister alert). Wasn’t sure I was going to the right place, was given contradicting info but ended up where I was supposed to be. When I signed in, they casually let me know I had to pay $1500 for the PGS testing fee. Cool cool, petty cash. Wtf!? A little heads up would have been nice. Thankful for credit cards. My ultrasound tech was very nice, and saw 5 cute follies on my left ovary and 7 cute follies on my right. Antral follicle count of 12. Ok. I think? Half of my baby could be maturing inside one of those follicles! Got the green light to get stabby with meds tonight. Follistim pen and menopur. Follistim was easy, but mixing the menopur confused the hell out of me, since they oops! Didn’t tell me how much sodium chloride to mix it with. Got the correct dose of meds though, and now I have a headache the size of Texas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment