Sunday, October 13, 2019

Poor unfortunate souls

Day 10 monitoring. 
Moving along in our first transfer cycle. Sitting in a waiting room with about 15 other woman who share to some degree this soul-crushing disease. I’m reminded of the scene in the little mermaid where Ursula’s cursed merfolk sadly float around. The room is filled with loss, defeat and hope. 
I’m feeling anxious. Today, I’m here for a baseline ultrasound and bloodwork. Making sure everything looks good for an embryo transfer in about a week and a half. 
The next few weeks are going to be difficult, as I’m not a patient person. I plan to practice meditating, and to use allll of the essential oils and try to keep myself busy and distracted. 
I’m trying to stay positive and not dread every single step of this. I know I need to focus on being present in this process, looking ahead causes massive anxiety. 

3 comments:

  1. Gillian love, that is just the right approach - stay positive, stay present, do whatever brings you solace and comfort...notice the anxiety and then let it go....deep breaths darling...we are sending you infinite love....xoxoxo K, J, B, and M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen, my girl needs all the positive vibes, prayers and love she can get. I know this will happen for her...
      I love you Gillybeans with all my heart and soul... πŸ’™πŸ˜˜πŸ™πŸΌπŸ€žπŸ»πŸ™πŸΌ

      Delete
    2. Thank you Kathleen, my girl needs all the positive vibes, prayers and love she can get. I know this will happen for her...
      I love you Gillybeans with all my heart and soul... πŸ’™πŸ˜˜πŸ™πŸΌπŸ€žπŸ»πŸ™πŸΌ

      Delete